Latest stock market news from Wall Street - CNNMoney.com

Friday, July 17, 2009

Health Quotes

How can anyone, particularly a cancer patient, cope with stress?

"Faith in God is one way. By entrusting one's life to a supreme being, the burden is taken off oneself. Exercise, meditation, leisure activities, counselling and use of anti-anxiety drugs may all help in improving one's psychological well-being too. Be happy and live each day to its fullest." --- Dr Ang Peng Tiam



"Do everything in moderation and stay healthy and happy. I have seen how being happy and positive, with good family support, has worked wonders for cancer patients especially in how they control the disease" -- Prof London Lucien Ooi



"If I am ill or injured such that I cannot express my wishes, if the doctors cannot save me without residual disability, I want no treatment - and that includes no artificial hydration or nutrition, no artificial ventilation or any treatment at all.

However, if my parents are still alive, and if the doctors can save me, although I would have some disabilities, if the disabilities are not of such a degree that I am unable to look after my parents, then salvage me. If the disabilitiles would prevent me from looking after my parents, then I want no treatment

I signed myliving will, witnessed by a friend who is a psychiatrist and another who is not from the medical prefession." ~ Dr Lee Wei Ling



"To die well is to escape the dangers of dying ill" -- Seneca

No comments:

Post a Comment